All Cakes That I have Baked

Your pictures and fotos in a slideshow on MySpace, eBay, Facebook or your website!view all pictures of this slideshow

Thursday, August 27, 2009

DINNER FOR 2 - The Perfect Chicken

Posted by Fiona-Faith-Chong at 9:02 PM

27th August 2009 @ 9.19pm

After two long weeks of non stop baking, i finally decide not to take anymore orders just for today to have a good rest. But then again, i could not bare to see myself sleeping through the evening without doing anything and waste a night. So i decide to make myself and sis a simple dinner just for two - Proscuitto-wrapped chicken breasts and to serve with it Potato and Spinach Salad.

Some people would think that Proscuitto is actually Bacon, but it's not. Proscuitto is the italian word for 'Ham'. It is usually sliced thin and served uncook. Proscuitto has been seasoned, salt-cured and air-dried, that's why it is harder and darker in colour compare to the fresh one and also it's more costly too. It is made from the hind leg of the pig.

I cleaned and dried the chicken breast before i insert a small pieces of Switzerland Gruyere in the center and then seasoned it with salt and pepper. I then wrapped the breasts with proscuitto and pan fried it with olive oil. When it is done, place it on a serving plate and let it rest for a few mintues to allow juices to be distributed.

The moment i cut through the meat, the juice from the chicken flows out with the melted Gruyere. I dare to say that this is the 'Prefect' chicken breast that i have ever cooked in my life. It was so moist and soft that you would not believe that it is made from chicken breast. I enjoyed it together with my salads and a cup of white wine. This is what i called 'Relaxation' and it is really amazing.

And the best part are yet to come, when my sister got back home from class to take her dinner. The first question she asked was, "How to you find your chicken today?", I answered 'It is good'. I was afraid that she didn't like it, because she seldom give compliment on the food that i cooked. But this time it's totally different, she said that she has always hated chicken breast because it is normally dry and rough but this is so moist and tender and it taste delicious and she loved the potato salad too. I could not stop smiling after that.

I guess all Chefs are looking forward for this moment only. Compliments from people on the food they cook and to see the smiles on people's faces each time they have a bite :)

I hope i will be able to keep and improve this standard of mine and be able to redo the exact texture next time. Amen!

Good Night Everyone!

0 comments on "DINNER FOR 2 - The Perfect Chicken"